|Yourovision Song Contest|
2nd September 2013 -
87 (as of edition 32)
Thirty-third edition: complete
Welcome to your Eurovision Song Contest.
"If you like Eurovision, this is the best place for you! This is a song contest on YouTube, and it's been going for a full three years, now. If you are interested in this and want to take part, just send me a personal message with the song you want to participate with and country that you want it to represent. Good luck to all!"
—Adapted from the founder's original description of the contest, with alterations to keep its information accurate.
The contest originally had its own channel on YouTube, founding the contest originally in July. However, it was updated on September 2nd, 2013 to state that the contest would not take place. As a result of this, TessHex, who had chosen to participate for Finland, decided to take control of the contest instead. TessHex is still, as of the 33rd edition, the manager/host of the Yourovision Song Contest, with the production team for the contest consisting of: Europezgal08 ( United Kingdom), EscAlfon ( Spain) and Jarickben38 ( Australia).The contest takes place once a month, for ten months every year, with May and December being the two months off, due to the Eurovision and Junior Eurovision Song Contests taking place in or near to those times.
- Participating songs must not have taken part in the Eurovision or Junior Eurovision Song Contests. National finalists are permissible, however.
- Türkvizyon and ABU TV and Radio Song Festival entries are currently permitted, but this is subject to change based on said contests' popularity over time.
- There are no firm restrictions regarding which artists can represent which countries, though it is preferred that there be some connection between the artist and the country they have been chosen to represent. If an artist does not have such a connection to their chosen country, the entry may be declared invalid or otherwise be obliged to change.
- Voting is done in the Eurovision style: 1-7 points, then 8, 10, and 12 points, awarded in order of preference to a top-ten list of countries.
- At present, only participating countries may vote; non-participant votes do not count towards the final result.
- Participants must vote before the deadline, or their song will be disqualified, unless in exceptional circumstances, in which a grace period of 'voting overtime' will be permitted.
- Participants may only send one song per contest, unless stated otherwise.
- One artist cannot represent more than one country in the same contest. For example, Kelly Clarkson cannot represent both the United States and Greece in a single edition.
- The winner of a contest will automatically qualify for the Grand Final of the subsequent contest in the event that Semi-Finals become necessary, and will be eligible to send two songs in the next edition.
- Participants cannot vote for their own country.
- In the event of Semi-Finals, qualifiers will be decided based on which countries receive the most points from their fellow semi-finalists. As of the eighth edition, which saw the first use of semi-finals, the standard number of qualifying countries was seven per semi-final, which has since been raised to eight, or, in the event of an exceptionally large edition of the contest, ten. Additionally, there must be at least 26 participating countries before a semi-final round is even considered.
- Once a song has represented a country, it cannot be used again in a subsequent edition of the contest, unless that edition is a special edition, or other exceptions are applied at the discretion of the organising body.
- If a song is disqualified, it is permanently ineligible to participate at the contest in all editions thereafter.
- Countries are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, which is reset each month, meaning that it is difficult to guarantee a player the same country in each edition unless they reserve it early in the process.
- As of the twelfth edition, some songs (particularly those used prominently in other contests) may be refused entry to the contest, in the interests of fairness to the other participants. This is done at the discretion of the host, and the decision is moderated by an anonymous third-party group. As such, any decisions taken on whether or not a song is eligible are considered final and non-negotiable.
- Any edits to any pages pertinent to the contest on this wiki made without prior notification to the host, without consent, or without authorisation, will be considered vandalism, regardless of said edits' content or other modifications to the page in question. As such, any changes fitting these criteria will be reverted at the earliest convenience.
Any sovereign state is eligible to participate in the contest, alongside the exceptions listed below.
¹ Antarctica is permitted to take part, because of the following countries owning stakes of the continent, in the form of the territories listed here:
Participants to dateEdit
To date, nine users have used national finals as a means of selecting their entry for the Yourovision countries. They are as follows:
|Voice for Yourovision||Various||europezgal08||9||Inactive|
|La Scelta per Yourovision||Italy||Vinxtokio||2||Inactive|
|Yourovision Battle Royale (#2)||Multiple||TessHex||2||Inactive|
|Yourosong||Various||Queen of the Clouds||2||Inactive|
|Yourovision: You Decide||Australia||Jarickben38||3||Inactive|
|Yourovision Grand Prix||Denmark||Anton Schüsler||1||Inactive|
|And For Yourovision We Send...||Poland||KingDriverFC||1||Inactive|
The Bezençon-Craig Yourovision AwardsEdit
See also: The Bezençon-Craig Yourovision Awards
These are awards given out every quarter, to the best songs in four categories: best video, most original song, most underrated song, and best overall song. Songs for the latter two categories are nominated automatically, through finished in the lowest-scoring two places, and highest-scoring two places in an edition, respectively. The winning nominees are announced in December, March, and August of each year, although there is no actual prize beyond the recognition of the award itself. As of the 24th edition, the Bezençon-Craig Yourovision Awards have been shelved, with the possibility of its return in the future.
| #1 |
|Flawless||12||Greece|| Kelly Clarkson|
"People Like Us"
| #2 |
|Cosmic||13||United States|| Lana Del Rey|
"Young And Beautiful"
| #3 |
|True Art||13||Denmark|| Emmelie De Forest|
"Let It Fall"
| #4 |
|Generations of Sound||21||Ireland|| Miley Cyrus|
| #5 |
|Let's go!||13||United Kingdom|| Ellie Goulding|
| #6 |
|United We Stand||14||Netherlands|| Miss Montreal|
"Say Heaven, Say Hell"
| #7 |
|To The Sky||19||Denmark|| Ida|
"Maybe I Like It"
| #8 |
|Every Second Counts||28||Luxembourg|| Sandra Van Nieuwland|
| #9 |
|Sweet Harmony||18||San Marino|| Christina Perri|
| #10 |
|Pure Imagination||19||Italy|| Annalisa|
"Alice E Il Blu"
| #11 |
|Unbreakable||17||United Kingdom|| Molly Smitten-Downes|
"Beneath The Lights"
| #12 |
|Endless Possibilities||19||Luxembourg|| Lisa Lois|
| #13 |
|Ignite!||16||New Zealand|| Lorde|
"Yellow Flicker Beat"
| #14 |
|Free Your Mind||27||Finland|| Jannika B|
| #15 |
|Dreams Come True||13||United Kingdom|| Olly Murs ft. Demi Lovato|
| #16 |
|Rebirth||16||United Kingdom|| Ellie Goulding|
"Love Me Like You Do"
| #17 |
|Aim High||16||Ireland|| Hozier|
"Take Me To Church"
| #18 |
|Fortune Favours The Brave||30||Estonia|| Elina Born & Stig Rästa|
| #19 |
|Interconnected||17||Albania|| Bebe Rexha|
"I'm Gonna Show You Crazy"
| #20 |
|Burning Passion||24||Italy|| Francesca Michielin|
| #21 |
|Falling Free||15||Germany|| Glasperlenspiel|
| #22 |
| #23 |
|Weightless||17||Belgium|| Barbara Opsomer|
"Je Sors Ce Soir"
| #24 |
|Rhythm In Motion||39||Åland Islands|| Sophia Somajo|
| #25 |
|Persevere||17||Canada|| Allie X|
"Old Habits Die Hard"
| #26 |
|Believe||16||Canada|| Cœur De Pirate|
"Crier Tout Bas"
| #27 |
|Wild At Heart||22||Poland|| Margaret|
"Cool Me Down"
| #28 |
|Harmonise||50||United States|| Elle King|
"Ex's And Oh's"
| #29 |
|Carefree||32||Norway|| Alan Walker|
| #30 |
|Be A Star||27||Norway|| Ina Wroldsen & Broiler|
"Lay It On Me"
| #31 |
|Serenity||29||Ukraine|| Mika Newton|
"Come Out And Play"
| #32 |
|Live In Hope||27||Antarctica|| The Naked And Famous|
| #33 |
- Special editions, in which each user is allowed to send songs for two countries, are marked in blue.
|Yourovision Song Contest|
| Main page • Countries • Awards • Languages |
1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27 • 28 • 29 • 30 • 31 • 32 • 33