|The World Music Contest|
01 Nov, 2012
The World Music Contest (abbreviated TWMC), is a song contest where the recaps are placed on Youtube, with an own website with all the information. Everyone can join. You don't have to play for the country you live. The songs you want to send in must match with the theme and can be from all countries in the world.
- COUNTRY - You can only have an avalible country. Players can only play for their own country or country where they are born.
- THEME - Songs must be according to the theme. Once you have send an entry, you can not change it anymore.
- VOTING - The voting system is the same as on Eurovision. What if two countries has the same points? We will first look who's got the most votes. If that's also the same, we find out who's got the most 12 points, 10 points, ... Sending no votes or after the deadline results in a disqualification for the current and next 2 editions.
- SONGS - Once a song is chosen, it could not participate at new edition. Ex-winners could not be send in again. No songs or artists who participated on the Eurovision song contest. Other songs from artists in national ESC-selections will be allowed, songs from the selections will be rejected. The same about unior Eurovision.
- DATES - We start each edition on the beginning of the month. The semi-finals are running from the 1st till the 8th of the month. The VHB-Competition (2nd chance competion) runs from the 11th till 15th and the final runs from the 17th till the 25th. Deadline to send the songs is also the 25th of the month.
- QUALIFIERS - The number of songs going through in each semi-final depends on the total number of participating songs. 4 qualifying countries if we have less than 43 participating countries. 5 qualifying countries if we have more than 43 participating countries. We have also 5 qualifing songs in the VHB-Competition.
- VHB-COMPETITION - This is a second chance competition for the 4 songs who rankend after the qualifiers in each semi-final. In total 12 songs compete in this competition and the top 5 qualifies to the final. The 3 letters of VHB reffers to the family name of the manager.
- WINNER - The winner of the previous edition goes automatically to the final and has to choose a city, hosts and a venue for the next edition. The winner makes the order draw for the next edition. The full draw has to be finnished before the start of the edition. The host player is also able to follow the voting of the semi-finals and the final.
- DRAW - The full draw for the semi-finals, VHB-competition and the final has to be finnished by the winner before the start of the edition. In the case 2 or more countries sending the same artist will they be drawed after each other in the same semi-final.
- MANAGER - Two countries receive the votes of the manager before the start of the voting of the semi-finals or final. This to show the contest we keep it fair and the manager do not change his votes to have an inlfuence on the results.
- VIDEO - Almost all videos will be accepted for the recap, only 'picture'-videos will be rejected. This are the videos with only images in it. Another matching videos must be found by the player self to replace the original image-video.
- FUN - Have fun in The World Music Contest.
Length of each edition
Each edition has a duration of one month. The Semi-Finals take place from the 1st till the 10th, the Final from the 15th till the 25th.
|#1||Slovakia||Celeste Buckingham - Run Run Run||84||Paris|
|#2||Brazil||Anggun - Mon Meilleur Amour||119||Bratislava|| • Celeste Buckingham
• Roman Juraško
|Stadion Ondreja Nepelu|
|#3||Spain||Adele - Someone Like You||112||Rio De Janeiro|| • Sangalo
• Luan Santana
|Cidade das Artes|
|#4||Iceland||Yohanna - Is It True?||108||Barcelona|| • María Valverde
• Rafael Nadal
|Palau Saint Jordi|
|#5||Spain||Anton Ewald - Begging||89||Reykjavik|| • Regina Osk
• Hera Björk
|#6||Sweden||Timoteij - Kom||165||Vigo|| • Anne Igartiburu
• Cristian Gálvez
|Estadio de Balaídos|
|#7||Canada||Bon Jovi - It's My Life||153||Jokkmokk|| • Jenny Silver
• Anton Ewald
|#8||Belgium||Of Monsters & Men - Mountain Sound||159||Ottawa|| • Pamela Anderson
• Jon Bon Jovi
|Ottawa Baseball Stadium|
|#9||Denmark||Nathalie Imbruglia - Torn||223||Deerlijk|| • Stephen Swart
• Nick Vanhaverbeke
|#10||Latvia||Stromae - Papaoutai||189||Copenhagen|| • Lene Nystrom
• Mathias Lauridsen
|#11||Monaco||Emmanuel Moire - Beau Malheur||248||Riga|| • Ingūna Butāne
• Lauris Reiniks
|#12||Australia||Birdy - Skinny Love||180||Monaco|| • Stéphanie de Monaco
• Louis Ducruet
|Sporting Club Monte Carlo|
|#13||Romania||Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts||198||Perth|| • Rose Byrne
• Chris Hemsworth
|#14||Norway||Evanescence - Bring Me To Life||206||Sibiu|| • Selena Gomez
• Mila Kunis
|#15||Israel||Tuval Safir - Aim Rak Nakshiv La Rohahc||172||Hamar|| • Kristian Ødegård
• Carina Dahl
|#16||Belgium||Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten||247||Petah Tikva|| • Assi Azer
• Amit Igor
|#17||France||Indila - Dernière Danse||241||Brussels|| • Aurélie De Backer
• Nick Vanhaverbeke
|#18||Norway||Elen Levon - Wild Child||220||Paris|| • Natasha St-Pierre
• Nikos Aliagas
|Stade de France|
|#19||Netherlands||Cserpes Laura - Élj Pont Úgy!||180||Lillehammer|| • Bård Ylvisåker
• Vegard Ylvisåker
|#20||Sweden||Laleh - Colours||173||Amsterdam|| • Gigi Ravelli
• Arjen Robben
|#21||Austria||Helene Fischer - Atemlos Durch Die Nacht||165||Malmö|| • Ace Wilder
• Ulrik Munther
|#22||Vienna|| • Kati Bellowitsch
• Christoph Waltz
This is a wild card in our contest for one of the countries who arrived on the most thankless place in the contest, just beneath the qualified countries. We started with this 'award' when we split up the contest in semi-finals on edition 6 and was announced by a draw. The name of this wild card award 'The Funky Loser' was used from edition 8. The player for United Kingdom always gives his comment by his FunkyThoughts, that's how this award gets his name. From edition 10 the host player had the opportunity to save one country out of the three unlucky songs in each semi-final, this song was no longer chosen by a random draw.
|#||Funky Loser||Song||Final Ranking||Info|
|#6||Israel||Gali Atari and Sagiv Cohen - Mehamerhakim||16/16||Last|
|#7||Malaysia||Faizal Tahir - Karma||16/16||Last|
|#8||Finland||Sunrise Avenue - Hollywood Hills||9/18|
|#9||South Africa||Bon Jovi - Always||DSQ|
|#10||Chile||Daniel Guerrero - Me Matas Corazón||18/20|
|#11||Taiwan||F.I.R. - Our Love||14/20|
|#12||Fiji||Jessie J - Domino||20/20||Last|
|#13||Slovakia||Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love||3/20||Bronze|
|#14||Estonia||Muse - Supermassive Black Hole||19/20|
|#15||Malaysia||Cvetelina Yaneva - Bonboni||9/20|
|#16||Italy||S Club 7||15/18|
|#17||Iceland||Ragnheiður Gröndal - Ást||15/18|
|#18||Belgium||Karolien - Lightspeed||8/18|
|#19||Spain||Brequette - Más||17/18|
|#20||Panama||Jessica Mauboy - Never Be The Same||9/18|
|#21||Russia||Zedd ft. Hayley Williams - Stay The Night||14/18|
This is another wild card in the contest named and awarded by the manager of the contest. Sometimes the manager himself is so surprised a song is not qualified, he invented this magical trophy. This trophy was introduced in TWMC#16.
In TWMC#19 the manager selected 2 songs (Burundi & Turkey) and let the participants choose their VHB-Trophy.
|#16||Russia||Fefe Dobson - Don't Let It Go To Your Head||18/18||Last|
|#17||Burundi||Khadja Nin - Mama||5/18|
|#18||Netherlands||Sub Zero ft. the Alpines - Tidal Wave||10/18|
|#19||Burundi||2 Fabiola ft. Loredana - She's After My Piano||14/18|
|#20||Iceland||Guy Sebastian - Like A Drum||13/18|
|#21||Taiwan||A-Lin - What Comes After Happiness?||12/18|