|AsiaPacific Song Contest|
17 (as of Dec'19)
Each country's head of delegation gets to select an entry for each edition either by internal or national selection. Then the countries get to vote for the Grand Final to determine the winner of the edition.
The first ever AsiaPacific Song Contest started on 3rd June 2017. It was held in the capital city of Kyrgyzstan which also was the first ever country to host the APSC. Twenty nine nations took part in the first edition each submitting one entry to the contest.
- Main article: List of countries in APSC
Any full member (or allowed by the APSC Team) of the APBU is allowed to send a song for the AsiaPacific Song Contest. Each full member has got a certain broadcaster that is responsible for the choice of the artists and songs the country is sending for each edition.
|Ed||Countries making its debut|
|#1||Japan, Georgia, Fiji, Indonesia, Cyprus, Azerbaijan, Lebanon, Turkey, South Korea, Yemen, Taiwan, Kazakhstan, Egypt, North Korea,|
|#2||China, Jordan, Kuwait, Papua New Guinea, Saudi Arabia, Thailand|
|#3||Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Turkmenistan, Timor-Leste, Guam, Myanmar, Pakistan, Palestine, Iraq, Tahiti, Bahrain|
|#4||Mongolia, Hawaii, Syria, Samoa, Cambodia, Malaysia|
|#5||Macau, Maldives, Qatar, Bhutan, Cook Islands, New Caledonia|
|#6||Bangladesh, Nepal, Palau, Tonga, Iraq|
|#01||Kyrgyzstan||Jamala||"I Believe In U"||118||9|| Uzbekistan|
|#04||South Korea||Taeyeon||"I"||163||0|| India|
|#06||Georgia||Cira||"Hun Bun"||146||27|| Afghanistan|
|#07||Papua New Guinea||Sheppard||"Coming Home"||173||0|| Turkey|
|#10||Kazakhstan||Luina||"Hey Yo!"||137||0|| Mongolia|
|#11||Kazakhstan||Crystalz||"Sen Sulu"||187||35|| Vietnam|
|#13||Australia||PNAU||"Go Bang"||172||25|| Turkey|
|#14||Japan||IZ*ONE||"La Vie en Rose"||172||28|| Israel|
|#16||Laos||The Naked And Famous||Higher||125||7|| Armenia|
|#01||Bishkek||"Rising Sun"||Kyrgyz State Circus||1,700||29|
|#03||Tashkent||"Gather Together"||Bunyodkor Stadium||34,000||39|
|#04||Taipei||"Dare To Change"||Taipei Arena||15,000||41|
|#05||Jeju City||"We Are United"||Jeju Stadium||20,000||42|
|#06||Dushanbe||"An'Ana"||State Circus Tajikistan||unknown||42|
|#07||Tbilisi||"#Enhance"||Tbilisi Sports Palace||11,000||40|
|#08||Lae||"Unity In Diversity"||Sir Ignatius Kilage Sports Stadium||1,500||42|
|#09||Yerevan||"Learn To Blossom"||Demirchyan Arena||8,000||42|
|#10||Volgograd||"Rise Up!"||Volgograd Arena||45,600||42|
|#11||Almaty||"Alash!"||Ice Complex Almaty Arena||12,000||41|
|#12||Aktobe||"Play!"||Central Stadium Aktobe||13,200||42|
|#14||Sydney||"Go Bang"||The Dome||10.000||39|
|#15||Tokyo||"Rise"||Saitama Super Arena||37,000||41|
|#16||Haifa||"Mazal Tov"||Sammy Ofer Stadium||35.000||39|
|#17||Vientiane||"Beyond Dreams"||New Laos National Stadium||25.000||30|
All countries give their points from 1-12. The country with most amount of points will win the contest.
Since the very first edition the winning country of each edition is automatically chosen to be the host of the next edition. As the host broadcaster, the heads of delegation can decide where they want to host the competition, present the logo, make a theme song, select the opening & intervals and other things. However if a broadcaster cannot afford to host the competition, the runner-up or the council will help out. The show would still be hosted in the winning country.
There are several rules of the contest in order to enter. Main rule of the contest is that the country has to officially join the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union with a certain broadcaster before applying to enter the contest. Regarding the broadcaster, any broadcaster can be accepted by the APBU. If the head of delegation is not satisfied with the country, one can swap the countries with other users. There are also rules regarding the entries, here all the rules of the contest:
- You must have instagram to participate.
- You can't choose a country until the confirmation has opened, if you're new you have to select one free country and wait until the confirmations are opened.
- You must be an active user of Instagram and follow the main account; @asiapacificontest.
- It's allowed to hold a national final in order to select your song.
- Every edition users will be allowed to participate in the upcoming edition or withdraw, however if an user decides to withdraw or misses the confimations you won't loose your country.
- Microstates are not allowed to 'borrow' from other countries.
- Every participant has the right to confirm the country they represented in the last edition for the upcoming edition.
Choose a song Edit
- The song you're choosing mustn't be older than 10 years old. This also can be the latest album, single or video release.
- Eurovision entries and covers are not allowed. Songs from a country's Eurovision national final are allowed.
- Remixes aren't allowed unless it's used as the official version in a music video.
- Official covers with more views on YouTube than the original song are allowed.
- The artist (solo, featuring or group member) of the chosen song must live in, born in, have strong relation or have parents who come from in the country you represent.
- You can't choose an artist more than 3 times in a row, unless it's for a different country.
- Disbanded groups can participate.
The voting system used in the contest has been in place since the beginning, and is a positional voting system. Each country awards one set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favourite songs. In case of the country not being able to deliver the voting, back-up juries were used to replace it.
Presentation of votes Edit
Since the first edition, all the participating countries have been voting in the Grand Final. The results are made in a Scorewiz–themed scoreboard with the countries announcing one by one point.
There have been several ties during the contest. In case of a tie between two or more countries, the country that received points from the most countries wins the tie. However, if the countries received points from the same number of countries, the number of 12 points is counted and if they are still tied it goes on until the tie breaks. If the tie is not borken, the running order of the Final will decide the places.
All Time ResultsEdit
The all time results are usually posted in the Instagram account.